All About fiaLearn More Below
FiA – Positive Impacts!
Before the demands of the day pull us in different directions, FiAs start their day with a 45/60 minute workout. During this time, we experience a physical and personal growth that radiates through the rest of our day – enabling us to be better daughters, sisters, employees, spouses, friends, bosses and mothers.
FiA develops incredible female friendships
- At FiA, we are focused on supporting and encouraging one another to push beyond our comfort zones.
- Supporting you, challenging you, and cheering you on – those 45/60 minutes are a great investment in you so that when you’re tackling all the rest of your roles – your heart, mind and body are ready.
- This environment brings out the good in each of us and helps us connect/relate based on our common interest to get fit and be healthy. And then we build on this commonality by providing opportunities for women to get to know each other through our book clubs, Bible studies, and socials.
Inspired by the joy F3 brought to men, ChiaPet launched FiA in January 2013. Firecracker was the second to jump on board and they were quickly joined by other ‘female F3 fans.’ Soon, we attracted ladies who had never even heard of F3 but were curious about FiA. We are forever grateful for the template the F3 men provided (thanks, OBT and Dredd!) and we have run with it – modifying it for female success.
Today, the FiA momentum is so great it operates with no “leader” in the traditional sense. FiA is led by all of the women who show up and contribute to its success and growth – as well as their own. We are 6000 women and 10 states strong and growing!
FiA improves our physical fitness
- In FiA’s first year, we saw women complete their first 5Ks, triathlons, and full marathons. We saw every woman improve her mile time, pushup count, plank holds and many other fitness successes.
- Almost impossibly, FiAs of all fitness abilities workout alongside each other and all become stronger at the same time. No woman left behind.
FiA builds confidence and improves leadership skills
- It may look like we’re just doing pushups, but we discovered encouraging a woman to lead a workout provides direct leadership experience that cannot be beat. She strategizes and plans ahead, she speaks up, and she finds 15+ women executing on her vision.
- This experience of leading a workout cannot be duplicated in a lecture hall, by reading a book, or in one-on-one mentoring sessions. We think those last three methods are great – we host and attend them ourselves – but there’s no substitute for gaining real time leadership experience.
- While we would love for all FiAs to eventually lead a workout, those who prefer to participate and not lead also gain invaluable personal and physical growth.