Don’t just run….Get LIT with HIIT!September 13, 2016
Bleacher Day!September 13, 2016
- When: 09/08/2016
- Q: Guinevere
While I hated to leave early, I was thrilled to attend at all. Makeda is a friend and while I’ve spent many dinners or brunches across the table from her listening to her story and sharing tales of this or that, I’d never experienced all she has to offer the world, until Guinevere made it happen. For those of you unable to attend at all, I would like to provide my notes from the session for your information and learning. Also I encourage you to either schedule time with Makeda 1:1 or at the very least subscribe to her weekly newsletter: http://makedapennycooke.us8.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=7b2eb125bf3a8ab3f426d91a8&id=410cf6fc05
My high level learnings (many of which were overhead during the grueling hours of BRR):
- We all have greatness in us-a seed of greatness divinely planted inside each of us and our lifetime purpose is to live into that greatness.
- Celebrate your uniqueness. Your wins. Yourself!!
- Rob the “not enoughness” of its power…STOP playing the comparison game.
- Explore nature (don’t be or try to be anything other than who you are). Trees don’t try to become birds and birds don’t want to be frogs. Tenacity to withstand it all!
- Nurture yourself. Self care. Be intentional and let it happen everyday. Doesn’t have to be big and planned. Be present in those moments. #drinkmorewine
- Own your quirks! Stand in them and don’t wish away the best parts of yourself.
- Understand your capacity and accept your boundaries. Be intentional with your yeses. No is a complete sentence. You can’t drive on empty.
- Ground into your inherent goodness. Schedule a do-nothing day once a month. No obligations. Nothing scheduled. Practice meditation.
- Honor your truth. Tell yourself the truth.
- Your sense of enoughness is never going to come from outside of YOU!
- Write a list of 10 reasons why you are someone worth knowing. NOT based on what you do.