Tough Girl TuesdayDecember 20, 2017
What’s in your stocking?December 20, 2017
- When: 12/20/2017
- Q: Papyrus
- Pax: Rocker-Respect, Grand Slam, Sprint
It was an unseasonably warm morning, especially compared to recent mornings with below freezing temperatures. 4 PAX decided against pillowfluffing and they will never think about some of their favorite Christmas songs the same. There were 2 parts to the workout, one involving Christmas songs with an HIIT workout at the end. I used Amazon Music to get the songs so some were older and some much newer. I have put the artist who sang this particular version with each song.
- Run 1 lap around the tennis courts
For each Christmas song we did an exercise for the full song, stopping only to do a set number of reps of another exercise for specific key words.
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing—Frank Sinatra: skaters for the song, 5 squat to shoulder presses each time the word “Hark!” was sung.
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day—Burl Ives: Jumping jacks for the duration of the song, 5 bicep curls each time “Bells” was sung.
- Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer—Gene Autry: Squats with weights for the duration of the song, 1 overhead tricep press for each reindeer name. Looking back I would have done 3 for “Rudolf”.
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town—Jackson 5: hold plank for the duration of the song (2:25!) with 5 plank jacks every time “Santa” was sung.
- Have a Holly Jolly Christmas—Burl Ives: mountain climbers for the duration of the song, 5 push-ups when the “Jolly” was sung.
- Let it Snow x3-Pentatonix: High knees for the duration of the song, 5 sumo squats when the word “Frightful” was sung and 1 lunge (alternating) for each “Let it Snow.”
- Hallelujah—Pentatonix: American Hammers for the duration of the song (4:25 y’all), a leg lift for each time “Hallelujah” was sung.
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays—Pentatonix: Squats for the duration of the song and a sprint down and back for each “Happy Holidays” sung.
Part 2: 45 seconds on, 15 second rest
- Donkey kick on right leg
- Donkey kicks on left leg
- Glute bridge hold with chest flies
- Fire Hydrants on right leg
- Fire Hydrants on left leg
- Superwoman lifts
- Starfish crunches.
Proverbs 31:10-31. Highlighting that She is clothed in strength and dignity.
Prayer and Name o Rama