5 for 5January 12, 2018
Hwy 51 Pre-Blast: BBWs 1st Annual (?) Greenway 5k!January 12, 2018
- When: 01/12/2018
- Q: Main Line
- Pax: Red Bird, Galileo, Real Deal, Mary Lou, Saffron, Popeye, Rocky, Drive By, Country Roads, Mrs. Claus, Aloha
It was one heck of a fun Friday at Iron Maiden! And, we covered 3.2 miles. That’s right. Tons of exercises plus 3.2 miles. We broke up the running with different circuits to keep it interesting – thanks to all the fellow FiAs who came out to enjoy their morning with me. Here’s what went down.
Warm up: 15 arm circles foward, 15 back, 10 burpees, run up parking lot to nearby parking deck and back, 10 burpees, 20 toy soldiers
- Run down to fountain. 40 shoulder taps. 10 tricep dips. 8 Peter Parkers. 60 sec incline plank.
- Run to clock tower. Repeat exercise circuit.
- Run to lower level patio area. 20 Carolina dry docks. 10 elevated leg lunges per leg. 10 half burpees.
- Run up stairs, around fountain and back down. Repeat exercise circuit.
- Run to Vivace. 30 sec pulsing squats (30 sec on, 10 sec off. Repeat four times)
- Run on Greenway to West Elm. Pusling donkey kicks (30 sec L, 30 sec R, 30 sec L, 30 sec R)
- Run up parking deck inclines to top.
- Partners: one partner does abs of their choice. Other partner runs to other side of deck and back. Repeat x3.
- Plank circle to wrap it up!
- Run down parking deck and back to parking lot.
COT: Think about what you can control and focus on that, rather than the stuff that you can’t control. At least for me, this helps when I try to keep a positive attitude when things get tough.
Hope those who came out loved it! I have to say – I was kicking my own booty but it felt so good after. Happy Friday everyone!