Muscle up, buttercupFebruary 25, 2017
Summit Pre blast- Another Monday…..February 25, 2017
- When: 02/25/2017
- Q: Whip
- Pax: Sunshine, Zookeeper, Snarky, Dane, Blender, Honeydew, Closer, Fro, Socket, Hoot, Lotus (Ashley)
This morning was a mix of a little bit of everything but I’m pretty tired and hope everyone else is too. Soooo happy that Lotus (Ashley) could join us!
Here’s the skinny:
Warm Up: 1 lap around field then 20 in cadence of the following: storm troopers, cotton pickers. Everyone did arm circles while I set up the next exercise.
- Stations: 45 seconds of exercise, 15 seconds to change stations, 2 full cycles of all stations to include burpees, overhead claps, backward stepping lunges, push ups, jump squats, triceps dips
- Education Hill: run up the hill and do 10 squats at top, run down the hill and do 18 calf raises, repeated with increasing #s of squats and decreasing #s of calf raises until you get to 18 squats and 10 calf raises (running up and down the hill each time)
- AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) x 10 minutes: Raggedy Annes x 10 —– Bear Crawl or Duck Walk Between—-Forward Stepping Lunges
- Time Killer: 2 laps of each of the following: high knee skips, grapevines, sprints
- Abs to End it: everyone planked up in a circle and took turns going into the center for 10 Russian Twists. Can’t drop the plank until everyone has finished their time in the middle!
Prayers for the following:
- Lotus’ mother starting Chemo for Cancer
- Honeydew’s friend passed away, leaving a 3 year old son and husband
- Sunshine–confidential but prayers for their family
- Blender: prayers for everyone during this flu season.
I hope everyone enjoyed this amazing Spring day (wait, it’s February…)